Our research is focused mainly on practice-orientated topics of geotechnics and underground construction.
Some of our topics:
- Material behavior of geomaterials
- Material behavior of concrete and shotcrete
- Developments of test facilities in geotechnics
- Numerical simulation of grouting
- Calculation approaches and innovative further developments for TVM and pipe jacking
- Further development of supporting means and rock improvement in cavity construction
- Design approaches for underground cavity structures
- Design approaches for stability investigations of slopes
- Testing of individual components for rockfall protection systems
Scientific investigations and developments of construction machines and their technology
Measurement instrumentation of construction machines, especially tunnel boring machines.